For Thursday, November 13, 2008
Cathy Renna, Renna Communications, 917-757-6123, email@example.com
Simon Aronoff, Renna Communications, 202-510-6705, firstname.lastname@example.org
Expert Panel on Election 2008 and Gay Rights Legislation
Hosted by The Williams Institute
“Election 2008: A New Administration, Proposition 8, & LGBT Vote”
LOS ANGELES, CA — On November 13th, The Williams Institute will bring together nationally recognized advocates, reporters, lawyers, and legal and policy scholars to discuss the outcome of Election 2008 and the implications for gay rights legislation. The post-election discussion will cover lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community reaction to the new Administration, passage of California ’s Proposition 8, and the LGBT vote, among other topics.
National experts discuss “Election 2008: A New Administration, Proposition 8, & the LGBT Vote” hosted by The Williams Institute and co-sponsored by the Center for American Progress
WHEN: Thursday, November 13, 2008 from 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM. Reception to follow.
WHERE: UCLA School of Law - Room 1347, Los Angeles , CA
CONFIRMED PANELISTS INCLUDE:
• Ron Buckmire, Board President, Barbara Jordan/Bayard Rustin Coalition
• Jill E. Darling, Associate Director of Polling, Los Angeles Times
• Patrick Guerriero, Executive Director, Gill Action
• Geoff Kors, Executive Director, Equality California
• Patrick Sammon, President, Log Cabin Republicans & Liberty Education Forum
• Kenneth Sherrill, Professor of Political Science, Hunter College
• Brad Sears, Executive Director, The Williams Institute
• Winnie Stachelberg, Senior Vice President for External Affairs, Center for American Progress Action Fund
• Tobias Barrington Wolff, Professor of Law, University of Pennsylvania
For more information or to RSVP to attend, call 310- 267-4382 or email Deseree Fontenot at email@example.com. For parking information, click here
MEDIA RSVP: Please contact Cathy Renna, 917-757-6123, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Simon Aronoff, 202-510-6705, email@example.com.
ABOUT THE WILLIAMS INSTITUTE:
The Williams Institute, a research center at UCLA School of Law, is the country's first national think tank dedicated to research on issues of sexual orientation law and public policy, and it is the only research center at a law school dedicated to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) issues. Experts at the Williams Institute provide rigorous, independent research and scholarship. The Institute makes information available to judges, legislators and policymakers through public policy studies, law review articles, amicus briefs, expert testimony at legislative hearings, public education through media visibility and trainings for lawyers and judges. For more information, please visit the Williams Institute http://www.law.ucla.edu/williamsinstitute/home.html.