Thursday, November 20, 2008
Are you Going to Sacramento?
TAKE IT TO SACRAMENTO ON NOVEMBER 22ND!
With the unfortunate outcome of the recent passage of Proposition 8, the GLBT community has united in a presence that we have not seen since the early 1980’s and the onset of the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
It is with great respect that California Outreach, in partnership with Equality Action Now, humbly asks you to join GLBT individuals and organizations, PFLAG and our straight brothers and sisters at a peaceful outreach on the steps of the California State Capitol Building at 2:00pm on November 22nd.
Please join us as we reach out to all the citizens of California to demonstrate that we will not tolerate discrimination being written into our State Constitution.
Who: Anyone and everyone.
Where: California State Capitol Building, Sacramento, CA
When: 11/22/08 2:00PM
Why: Equal Rights are inalienable and CANNOT be taken away.
In 1987 the largest rally for gay rights in Sacramento took place, counting 15,000 strong. We need to stand together and make a statement that we will not stand idly by and let the rights of our sons, daughters, parents, and friends be taken away. Twenty one years later -- are YOU ready to make history?
- Comediennes MARGARET CHO and SELENE LUNA
- GLORIA ALLRED, Head Attorney in Supreme Court Marriage Cases
- SENATOR DARRELL STEINBERG, President-elect of the CA State Senate
- REV. AMOS BROWN, NAACP Board Member
- ROBIN TYLER & DIANE OLSON, plaintiffs in Supreme Court Marriage Cases and first to be married in CA after the ban was struck down in June
- JOHN LEWIS AND STUART GAFFNEY, accomplised Marriage Equality USA Speakers and plaintiffs in Supreme Court Marriage Cases
- SHANNON MINTER, attorney with the National Center For Lesbian Rights
- GEOFF KORS, Equality California Executive Director
Currently in talks with Governor Schwarzenegger and Gavin Newsom (Mayor of San Francisco).