Monday, December 29, 2008

Highlights of 2008

The three things I'll remember about this year:

1) Getting slapped in the face with the passing of Prop 8

2) Getting bitched slapped on the other side of my face by a change-touting president elect who invited a hate-monger bigot to give the religious invocation at the inaugural ( so much for change).

3) Saying "I told you so" to all my friends and associates that voted for George Bush in 2000.

Happy New Year, my little pumpkins. Have a fantastic holiday and a safe New Year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Prop. 8 was one of the biggest slaps in the face, but I have a lot of faith (perhaps I'm naïve) that the state Supreme Court will annul it.

But I have to disagree with you about Rev. Warren. While I'm certainly not happy that he's going to be speaking, I think that President-Elect Obama is truly sticking to his agenda of inclusiveness; in addition, Rev. Warren is not nearly as bad as some others out there. Our community has many battles to fight, and we have to pick and choose which ones are the most meaningful. We already have a gay and lesbian marching band as part of the inauguration; it would be unwise of us to insist that it has to be about us 100% of the time.

Thanks for the opportunity to comment, and keep up the great blogging work!

Dean Harpster
Webmaster, Marriage Equality Silicon Valley