Friday, January 18, 2008

If it's Friday, it must be Sundance

14 degrees. Snow falling, ice on the ground and this Miami native was clutching the steering wheel of my subcompact wondering if I was going to make it over the hills to Park City from the Salt Lake City Airport. The nice young man at the Hertz counter guaranteed me my rental (an ounce larger than a Vespa) could handle the snow as long as it didn't get too bad. Well, being from the Sunshine State, I could navigate torrential downpours, I can hydroplane with the best, and I can avoid hitting alligators and snakes as they scurry across the street, but snow...

Dear god, what I don't do for my love of film.

If you're at Sundance this weekend, come find me at the Queer Lounge, where no doubt I'll be when I'm not at screenings or soaking in a hot tub.

Since there is a serious dearth of LGBT films at the festival this year and a surprising number of films by and about African Americans which is a stark rise from last year when I believe there were NONE... I may just have to cover in this block the films by and about another marginalized minority other than my own.

So maybe also look for me at The Black House (Which is back again this year...the equivalent to The Queer Lounge)

I'm off to the Glaad Mixer then off to a screening of A RAISIN IN THE SUN. Can't wait.

Until then, loves, tootles...

JD

No comments: