Friday, September 18, 2009

The Making Of: GAY PROPAGANDA

Before I made SHELTER, EATING OUT 2 and A MARINE STORY....my first gay film was Gay Propaganda.

I paid for the whole thing myself - in addition to all the crazy karaoke parties we hosted for funds - and everyone on it worked for free. Another bit of trivia...everyone in this video, except for the DP and a few actors ....are all gay! Which made the set an absolutely blast to work on.  It took about a year to make this, and all the equipment, locations and post were also donated.  It was kinda like a big, fabulous community event.

The film went on to play 115 film festivals and win 5 Awards. My hair is brown because I dyed it for GOODFELLAS. It's blonde because that was step one. I'm singing naked, because I'm willing to do anything to raise money! The films we did included The Graduate, Goodfellas, On Golden Pond, Young Frankestein, Casablanca, From Here to Eternity and more. 

You can check out the individual films at my YouTube Page.


1 comment:

Adi said...

JD - did you say you singing naked??? :)