Friday, June 20, 2008

Are You Ready for OUTFEST!?



Well, it's almost upon us... OUTFEST: The Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Film Festival.


Personally, I'm excited to see the new crop of fresh, up and coming young LGBT film makers and take a peek at what kinds of films folks are making this year about the queer experience.


To celebrate the festival, OUTFEST hosted a Launch Party last week at the gorgeous, recently restored 1934 KRESS on Hollywood Boulevard.


To see the schedule and buy your tickets, visit www.outfest.org


In the next few weeks I'm going to spotlight some of the films and filmmakers, so stay tuned.  If you come to either of my events next Tuesday or Wednesday night you can also get a sneak peak at some of the films premiering at the festival next month.


Here are the photos from last week's event.









in the next few weeks I"m going to bring you the GUIDE TO OUTFEST. Basically How To Outfest if you're a patron or a filmmaker. I'll also include highlights from last year, and the must see films and must go to parties.



Meanwhile, I wrote an ode to the Outfest season, sung to one of my favorite songs, I'LL BE SEEING YOU.



For your pagans that don't know this song, I'm including a version of it sung by Megan Mullaly - Karen from Will & Grace. And might I add to all your dance tune/rap/sappy acoustic guitar loving aficionados, this is a SONG back when they knew how to write tunes!



I'll BE SEEING YOU



I'll be seeing you,

in all the usual Outfest places,

Watching films and kissing faces,

all day through.



At the DGA,

the Coffee Bean across the way,

The Ford, by candlelight,

The Orpheum Theatre on opening night...



I'll be seeing you

at all the lesbian tragedies,

at all the gay boy comedies,

In everything that's light and gay,

I'll always think of you that way....



I'll find you by the bar, I'm sure

and when the night is through,

I'll be looking for my car,

but I'll be seeing you





No comments: