Thursday, March 12, 2009
Meet Me In The MIddle
On the FIRST Saturday AFTER the Prop 8 verdict –
Meet in the Middle 4 Equality - Fresno, CA
Win or lose -- we are working to galvanize a movement and knit a community that cries for FULL Access, Equality & Justice 4 ALL.
As a movement, we will not have a better stage, a better moment in time, as the WORLD waits and watches for our reaction,
EVERYONE - Make the commitment to STAND with us, shoulder to shoulder, fist in the air – demonstrating that 8 is no longer enough.
Converge, from each section of this state and neighboring states, to demonstrate our community’s statewide mobilization for FULL equality, in the epicenter of middle America values, for US, and for all our LGBT family, across this great Nation, that are discriminated against - daily.
On the FIRST Saturday AFTER the Prop 8 verdicts are announced…
Fresno City Hall - 2600 Fresno Street
We need the help and commitment of every person to help spread the word:
• Join our group –
• Invite all of your friends to join the group
• Encourage all you know to spread the word - write a blog about our Central Valley efforts
• Be on our street team
• Volunteer to work the week/day of the event
• Plan with your local groups or organizations to attend the event together
• Offer rides, caravans, train and bus plans to get as many people as possible to Fresno - IMAGINE each Amtrak stop to collect more Equality Riders
• Email ideas, questions, media request, concerns to:
Finally, I go back to the sentiments of Harvey Milk, This is an example of a larger movement – You may not be able to see it, but I do. I hope you’ll Meet in the Middle and see these efforts for yourself – in FRESNO.
On the day the verdict is announced - D-DAY!!!
- check out www.marriageequalityusa.org or www.equalityactionnow.org for the most up to date info about where and how to organize a response
On that FIRST SATURDAY AFTER - Meet in the Middle!
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
--Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Contact Info: email@example.com