Tuesday, May 5, 2009

You Can't Make this Shit Up

You know, if Stanley Kubrick directed a script by Paddy Chayefsky, you might in fiction find something as remotely or ridiculously satirical in nature to this little true fact I am going to share with you right now:

Miss California, Carrie Prejean, aka "I believe in opposite sex marriage", will be the star in the commercial sequel to A Gathering Storm for NOM.  

I don't even know where to start with this, so I might just have to Jackson Pollock my comments.

First of all, it was reported that this will be a $1.5 million ad campaign.  Where are they getting their money?

Secondly, NOM's commercial of A Gathering Storm spawned more spoofs than that kid hiding under his bed sheets screaming to "Leave Britany Alone!"  The best was probably Stephen Colbert's.  Scroll through the blog, videos all there.

NOM is such a ridiculous organization that would take the cake for idiotic, thoughtless campaigns if it weren't for the "Tea baggers".  Most gays are thrilled to have these dull pennies as adversaries, because essentially it seems to only be helping us.

NOM is so stupid that on their blog, they listed the intense lambasting they got on Colbert Report as positive press.

My advise of the month - aside from buying stock in Purel and Tamaflu - would be to start casting your Miss California NOM PSA spoofs NOW so you can hit youtube first.

If their PSA costs $1.5 million...hmm, I wonder how much her salary will be?

Just a reminder, two 11 year old children in the US last month were bullied into committing suicide, with the most taunting coming from being called "fag" and "gay".  Not one, but two kids.

Some good news from of all places, the Miss California people, as quoted on CNN: "We are deeply saddened Carrie Prejean has forgotten her platform of the Special Olympics, her commitment to all Californians and solidified her legacy as one that goes beyond the rights to voice her beliefs and instead reveals her opportunistic agenda," the group said.

That was a bitch slap, by the way.

One final note as to my opinion on her statement - she is hiding bigotry behind religion.  I'm sick of people being bigots and anti-American by pretending it's their religion telling them to be that way.  This has angered me so dramatically in the last week, because I'm flabbergasted that people feel like they are being religiously persecuted or that gay marriage will someone hurt their religious beliefs.  In my head, I just keep hearing the word "gay" replaced with "Black" or "Jewish".  If she said she didn't think one Jewish person should marry another Jewish person because her religious beliefs said that, "And I'm just speaking from my morals"...I mean, seriously, how does that sound?

On a moderately brighter note, I got to hang out with some cool gays and some fabulous canines this morning in the Hollywood Sirius radio studio when I guest co hosted with Doria Biddle on OutQ.  Nothing really exciting, but it was just swell to chat to some fun, creative homosexuals.   Gotta keep on that homosexual agenda, ya know, by promoting out gay artists and gay owned businesses!

Here's a clip where Tracy - the Senior Editor of SheWired - talks about breaking the story of Kelly McGillis (The Accused, Top Gun, The L Word, Witness) coming out of the closet.  Mainly the clip is about Colin, a rescued dachshund who sat on my lap for three hours.



No comments: